Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Okay, so Here's the Plan

I finally got word about the HR position for Aramark… They decided not to do second interviews and they decided to go with a candidate who had more experience in the HR field, because of course, in the career world, it’s all about experience… For the most part anyway. I didn’t have the Wow Factor. And even if I did, I didn’t get a chance to show it.

But it’s okay. I’m slightly disappointed, but also slightly relieved. I can finally stop stressing out about it, and now, I don’t have to worry about losing track of my goals.

I’ve recently discovered a TV show on Netflix that I really like. Ugly Betty. (I know this sounds like a quick change of subject, but this is actually related). It has a good story line and it’s all about a girl who is following her dreams to one day run a magazine, except she’s completely the opposite of the image of a person who does that kind of thing. There’s a whole lot more to it than that, but that is the basic subject of the show. Watching it has gotten me all fired up and excited about one day living in that big city, (New York, if you don’t know which I’m referring to). I want to live an exciting life in the city, pursuing the career that I’ve been dreaming of, and I want to do it while I’m still young.

So, I am giving myself a year. One year to stay in Tampa and work, save money and prepare myself for my goals. After that year, if everything goes accordingly, I’m moving to New York City and giving it all I’ve got…

That’s the plan…

No comments:

Post a Comment