Friday, May 25, 2012

Do You Realize?

I’m starting to realize how important it is for me to do things… And not just things, but things that are important to me. I mentioned a few posts ago that I haven’t really been writing, or doing much of anything for that matter. To be honest, it kind of wears down on you.
Well, actually, at first it was nice, like a vacation, only I was still going to work, but other than that, not really doing anything else. I’ve been relaxing, having me time, playing games, whatever. Everybody needs time to do things like that. But it’s also important to stay focused on your goals, both long and short term.

I feel like I have lost focus. I was feeling really blah today, like I had nothing to do. Nothing but watch Netfilx and play games on the Wii. Then I remembered about my newsletter. It needed some edits so I decided to get them done. It felt good to be doing something that has a purpose and is important, not just to me, but other people too.

I’ve decided that I’m going to stop dilly dallying. Enough of this, “I have a full time job, when I’m at home, I want to relax” attitude. That’s how people lose themselves and get stuck in ruts. I don’t want that to happen to me, so I’m making a promise to myself to not lose focus and to work on things that I need to do. I can still take my me time and relax every now and then, but, only if I’ve been proactive. I’m going to do things that are valuable with my time, like read, do some writing, research potential future positions I might want to hold and figure out how to get myself there. I had said before that I’m going to study for my teaching certification. Maybe it’s about time I get started on that…. Maybe.

Anyway, this is more of a rant than anything else I suppose. Just trying to do things, and this is where I’m starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment