Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Job, Whoo!

I have officially worked 3 full days at my new job, and so far, I like it.

It's interesting and fast paced. The people there are nice and they take the time to train you properly without just throwing you in. And speaking of training, it's pretty extensive. They take at least two weeks to train their new employees, and for good reason. There is a lot of information to learn and not to mention, a program that doesn't exist anywhere else because it was designed specifically for them. And then there's the phones, and the extensions and all the hundreds of people who work for life link that you have to call or page or contact in some way after certain information about some of the patients is obtained. You have to know what to do with the information you receive and how to do it. It all seems very complicated to me now, but with time I'm sure I'll get it.

For now I'm just taking my time with it and trying my best to learn so I can actually start working, because until I'm trained, I really can't do anything. So let me rephrase what I said at the beginning of this post...

I have officially completed three days of training for my new job, and I can't wait to actually get started.

They know that I have plans for my future and that I have other career goals and they're okay with that. I think it's great when companies a person works for support that they have other career goals that don't involve their company. Companies that actually care about their employees and support their decisions to one day leave and find work else where because it's what they want to do and still hire them knowing that their stay is a temporary one. I really appreciate and admire companies and organizations who's main focus is not how much profit they are going to make, but it's more about the people the are going to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment