Sunday, April 15, 2012

Decisions, Decisions.

I’m feeling a little bit torn at the moment…

There is an HR assistant job that I kind of want to apply to. It pays more than the job I currently hold and it’s daytime hours (which may or may not be a benefit, because to be honest, I kind of like the idea of sleeping in and not having to be to work till 4). But here is why I’m torn… I like my new job so far. It’s a little hectic and stressful at times but everyone is nice and it’s fun and the pay is good. But, the HR pay is better, it’s with a company I’ve been working with for almost 4 years (yes it’s at ARAMARK, which while a plus, can also be a negative ), and it’s really close to where I live. I have to drive 30 minutes to get to my new job I could ride my bike to ARAMARK. But My new job has great benefits. Double time pay on holidays, a fully paid medical coverage plan, a 115,000 life insurance plan… just to name a few. ARAMARK… you can get a health care plan through them, but you have to pay for it, but, you don’t have to work holidays. I don’t know about life insurance, but I know they have a 401K plan. I think my new job has some sort of a retirement plan also, But I’m not really sure.

I think I’m just going to apply for the position and then just go from there. I’ll see how it plays out and depending on all of the circumstances and whatever else, I’ll make a decision. Even if I were to apply, there’s always a chance that they wouldn’t even consider me. So I might as well, right?

I’m going to do it. And even if I do get it, I might not take it. It all just depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment