Saturday, February 4, 2012

Options

I went to an information session yesterday for a 4 week graduate course in publishing. It's at a school in Colorado that only accepts 96 students per term and only has one term a year. On top of that, it's really expensive...

Aside from all that, it seems like a pretty smart option. The girl who hosted the information session is a USF graduate who went to the institute the summer after she graduated. She now works in the publishing industry and says that she wouldn't be where she is today without having gone to the institute. That's where she made her connections and learned everything she knows about the publishing industry. That's where she got the recommendations she needed to get the internship in New York that brought her to the career she is in now. A career in publishing.

It all sounds pretty amazing to me and I would certainly love the opportunity to attend such a program. I think at the very least, I'll apply and see if I get accepted.

Keeping my options open, that's what I'm going to do. I think that's the best way to eventually get where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment