Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Work in Progress

Two years ago, I wrote a short story that my teacher told me she could see as a published story book for kids with pictures, but, that I just need to put more work into it to get it there...

So I studied every little detail of my story and tried my best to expand upon it and make it better. But I was stuck. I didn't know where to go. So I put it away to be worked on at a later date.

2 years went by and I finally got the motivation to take it out and look at it, (thanks to a coworker). I have new insights for it, and I am pretty sure about what I'm going to do with it. So much so, that I'm thinking I might be working on getting it published in the very near future. :)

I definitely would like to have it done by January, because there's a huge writers conference going on in New York that I plan on attending, and I know it would be ideal to have some kind of publishable piece prepared incase I meet any publishers.
So excited! :)

Not much excitement other than that for now. Still working hard. Still wanting to quit one of my jobs. But for now, I'm still holding on to both.

No comments:

Post a Comment