Saturday, October 1, 2011

Positive Thinking Brings Positive Karma... I Hope

Ever since the summer, I had been looking forward to the career networking fair at USF, anxious to get the chance to talk to some potential employers, and get my foot in the door and to be one step closer to my career goals. Well, it finally came. It was on Wednesday, and I got myself up bright and early, got dressed into my best professional gear, grabbed my resumes, and went.

Unfortunately, there were not very many opportunities for me, but I did run into a couple options.
I spoke with them, they gave me some pamphlets, I gave them my resume, and I applied... We'll see if I hear anything back from any of them. It would be great if I did. If not, oh well.

Until then, I'll just keep busting my butt, working at two jobs that I'm not very fond of. A girls gotta go what a girls gotta do.

I decided though, that for now, I' going to try and stay positive about my jobs. I realized the other day, that I've had a really negative attitude about them. Maybe that's why they've been not that great. Maybe if I stay positive about them they'll be better. After all, in this economy, I should be happy to even have one job. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to trade places with me.
So, instead of having a negative attitude about work, I'm going to stay positive and focused, while at the same time, looking for better opportunities and working on my writing.

That's the plan and I'm sticking to it!

On a side note, the weather outside is gorgeous today, so if you have the opportunity, take advantage of it!

1 comment: