Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sometimes, Working Really Sucks.

Today was many things for me, but mostly, it was just bad...

Work today for some reason was just not working out. I was absent minded, flustered and I just wasn't on the ball with everything I'm supposed to do.

It was so bad in fact, that I had to be spoken with before I left. But it was a good thing. It helped me to realize that I'm slacking a little at work with my responsibilities because its a job that i don't really want. My frustration with this job is starting to affect my performance, and that's bad. So basically, what I learned is that I need to figure out how to separate in my mind, the way I act, with the way I feel... this is something I have always struggled with. I mean, lets face it, I have no poker face. I have a face that reveals all. I wear my emotions on my sleeve, and I often show people my feelings without meaning to. Oops. It's something that, to me, seems to be out of my control. For example, if I get embarrassed, my face turns red. Always. No matter what. It sucks.

But I am going to try and take a deep breath and forget about how I feel about this job. It's just a job. When I'm there, I can deal with everything in a calm manner and try my best not to get flustered and just remember that it's still a job, and if I want to get paid, I have to do it the right way whether I like it or not. And then, at the end of the day, when it's all over, it's over. I don't need to take the stress and frustration home with me. I can leave everything there to deal with when I go back the next day, and enjoy every moment that I'm not there, heh.

Meanwhile, I'll still be enjoying my very affordable spa day's and taking full advantage of the benefits that do come with working at a spa.

On the brighter side, I managed to get car insurance today for a pretty decent price. Yay me. We'll see how good I feel about it when I have to start paying the monthly bill, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment