Monday, September 19, 2011

ALWAYS Bring a Spare.

I'm an idiot.

I went home to visit my parents and sister this weekend. I hadn't been in a while and we also needed to go dress shopping for my sister's wedding.

So I left Friday afternoon at four. Well, at least I tried to...

I had to stop and get gas first and when I did, I threw my keys in my purse, got out of my car, locked the door and shut it. But my purse was still in the car.
Locked out. Damn-it.

Of course this would happen to me. Especially because I had just been talking to someone not even a week ago about how I used to lock my keys in my car all the time, and about how it hadn't happened in about four years. I was asking for it. And to make matters worse, my only spare lives at my parents house.

It took two hours for a locksmith to finally get there and help me out, and on top of that, he wanted to charge me 100 dollars! I managed to talk him down to 70 because he felt bad about how long I had to wait. 70 is better than 100, but it still sucks because now I'm out 70 bucks for a stupid mistake. Sucks.

Needless to say, I brought my spare up from home while I was there this weekend, and it is now in the possession of my boyfriend. So if this ever happens again, I'll be prepared.

On a lighter note, dress shopping was lovely. Although, I will say, wedding dresses are super heavy and they're a bitch to help someone get into.
But the one she picked looks gorgeous on her, and I can't wait to see her get married in it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment