Monday, September 12, 2011

Having a Yard is Hard Work... Even if it's Really Small

I can't feel my legs...

This morning, my boyfriend decided to wake up at 7am for, Lord knows what reason, and because of this, I woke up too. After watching a little TV and eating breakfast, I decided that today seemed like a good day to garden.
off to Lowes.

I originally planned to buy a bunch of flowers and plant a beautiful garden so I would have something pretty to look at (when I finally get my porch furniture, heh).

This is what I bought:
A big bag of mulch, a bag of garden soil, romaine lettuce plants, squash plants, pumpkin plants, cantaloupe plants, carrot seeds, spinach seeds, watermelon seeds, sunflower seeds, tomato seeds, a shovel, and a hoe.
Sometimes plans change.

After Lowes, I immediately went to work.

Three hours later, I had planted two whole sides of my yard and felt like I was going to pass out. So I came inside and took a shower and I practically turned my tub black. Who knew gardening could be so messy! Anyway, as I'm showering, my arms start to feel really heavey and I can barely even wash myself.

Now I'm just laying around and wondering if I'll be able to make it to class tonight. For some reason my legs wont stop tingling. It's not like I had to do much work. I pretty much just squatted the whole time... maybe that's why my legs are tingly.

On top of this, I now have an awkward sunburn on my back from the shirt I was wearing. Sweet. At least I now have a yummy fruit vegetable garden :) can't wait for my veggies to bloom. Yay!
Cantaloupes: 

Squash, pumpkin and lettuce, all the way in the back:


Oh, and PS, I foud a bunch of clay in the soil in my yard, so I made a ceramic pot... It's pretty bad ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment