Monday, February 7, 2011

a death in the family

it happened on thursday night. I had just gotten back to tampa and was out with some friends. But I didn't hear till early the next morning. It was a phonecall from my mom. When did it happen? I asked. She responded, she died around midnigt last night. I told her I loved her and would see her in the morning.
The next day my sister and I got up early and made the drive back home. From there we went straight to my grandma's house. Everyone was quiet and kept to themselves, so my sisters and I sat on the couch and worked on shool work. Over the next two days we spent time with lots of family, looking at pictures and talking about our favorite memories and stories. We shared things that some of us had written for her and we listened to stories we'd never heard before. Its a sad time but i feel like we're all a little closer because of it. Different people have been in and out of the house bringing with them fod and condolences. Today is the wake and we will go look at my grandmother and say goodbye while friends and family come to tell us how sorry they are. Tomorrow is the funeral service and we will say good bye to her forever and be done with this sad time. We'll all move on with our lves and hopefully each of us will take a little piece of her with us so that she'll be with us always.

No comments:

Post a Comment