Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beginning of the Semester Woes

So today was awesome-- not.

After signing up for all my classes this semester, I checked out my financial aide and for 16 credit hours I was only getting 300 dollars to cover my books. Not enough. So I called up Florida prepaid to find out why, and they said it was because I only had 14 hours left that they could cover. Right. So I dropped a class and am down to 13 hours (which really just means more summer classes, boo). But it seemed to solve the problem. I would then be getting 700 dollars back for books and such. So, I bought my books. $350. Not too bad. That meant $350 dollars in my pocket.

Well, apparently not.

So I got an email saying that I would be receiving 130 dollars back. What? I need way more than that. So I went down to financial aide as well as two other offices they sent me to figure out why. Instead of finding out why my financial aide was much less than I thought it would be, I found out even worse news. It turns out that prepaid gave me aide to cover 14 credit hours instead of 13 by mistake which means instead of getting money back, I actually owe the school money. Awesome.

It makes no sense, but that’s the deal.

I hate College.

p.s. Here is a blog I found that relates to money and financial stuff: 
http://www.mymoneyblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment