Monday, August 13, 2012

Higher Education

I've always been conscious of the fact that to get to where I want to be, I'll probably need more educational training, but until now, I hadn't considered Grad school.

Now a days, while obtaining a bachelors degree is a monumental feat, it's still sometimes not good enough. There are hundreds of people out there who might be more qualified than me or you who are trying to do the same thing. That puts a damper on things -- therefore, I have decided to go to Grad school. Hey, it can only help, right?

I've picked out a few schools with the program I want to apply for and I've researched what I need to do in order to get in. Now I just have to do it. Step one, get a kick-ass score on the GRE to make up for my less than perfect GPA. As soon as I collect my GRE study book from the person I leant it to, I'm going to start working my ass off to get prepared to make a really awesome score when it finally comes time to take the test.

I've also already started working on my personal statement, but I'm going to wait till I actually start applying to start hunting down old professors for letters of recommendation. Thats going to be one of the hardest things I think. I didn't make a point to become a memorable student to any of my teachers because I never thought I would go to grad school. Luckily, there are a few whom I think will be able to help me out.

I really want to do this. I'm scared out of my mind because I know it's going to be a huge challenge for me, but, I know that I can achieve what I put my mind to.

Rock and Roll baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment