Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Progress -- Finally!

I have been on an interview frenzy lately. Seriously, I've had 3 interviews in the past week. The first, I decided wasn't for me -- it was with a financial planning company, and I think we all know I'm bad with money, heh. The second interview was with a Temp agency that is going to try and help me find a job. Right now, they are looking into putting me with a non-profit medical organization, desk work, 12 dollars an hour-- sounds good to me :) I'm still waiting to hear back from that though. The third interview was with Banana Republic, which of course loved me and want me to start right away. For the time being, I am accepting that job. I would rather have a job secure because when Beef's closes in a month, I'm screwed. I figure I can work 4 days serving still and 3 to 4 days at Banana. Then, when Beefs closes, I'll try to pick up more hours at Banana.

If the temp agency pulls through for me and I get an interview with the other company and they decide to hire me, I will obviously, most definitely take it. 12$  > $8, so there's no question to that. But, even so, I might keep a shift or 2 a week at Banana, because I would feel bad quitting right after they hire me.

I'm not selling out on my goal to get into publishing. I'm just putting it on hold. Right now, any job is better than no job, and dream jobs can wait. I'll still get there one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment