Sunday, December 25, 2011

Contemplations.


You would think that being invited for an interview for a really good nonprofit organization in NYC, the mother of all cities, would be something to make you ecstatic. After all, once you graduate college, this is just the kind of opportunity you’re looking for; a chance to move to the big city and kick start your life… 

Well I find myself sick to my stomach over the whole idea. It’s a city far away from my family and friends. And it starts before my lease I up. Not only that, but I have to manage to scrounge up the funds to get myself to New York for a one day interview when I’m already going later next month just for fun. Only problem is, there is not one interview day available during the time that I plan to be there.

I’ve have been wanting nothing more than to move to that city for about a year now. But I don’t think I’m ready. The hardest part for me is coming to terms with the fact that I would have to leave my loved ones behind. I can’t do that. Sure, I know a few people up in that area, and I’m sure I’d make new friends too… But, I have a great family that I’d probably never see, were I to move up there now, with no money, and I have an amazing boyfriend who I love more than anything. I couldn’t stand the thought of having to go every day without seeing him.

I’ve been told that you can’t let things like that hold you back. But I think that while a great career is extremely important, happiness still outweighs it. They say, happiness is the key to success. How can I be successful, if I’m not happy? That is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment