Monday, August 22, 2011

Extension?

I'm quite possibly the worst blogger on the planet...

well, that and my summer semester proved to be busier than expected. I only took two classes, but both both of them somehow managed to take up nearly all of my time.

Unfortunately, graduation has slipped through my fingers and rrun just a little farther away from my grasp. I have yet another semester to go. With only one class left, I will most definitely be graduating in December (fingers crossed). Today is the first day of class, and my second class wont be until next Monday. (It's a once a week meeting class).

This all seems pretty easy. But then add in two jobs that require me to be on my feet all day and an unpaid position on the school newspapers news staff, and we're looking at a pretty hectic semester.

But I know I can do it, and I'm excited. I'm finally on my way to actually getting somewhere.

A trip to the career center over the summer helped me devise a plan.

Goal 1: Clime the editing career track and become a world renowned editor. (Based on my last entry from way back when, it doesn't seem like I'd be very good at it, heh), but I'm determined and I really want this to be where I end up.

Goal 2: Be a writer of some sort, be it a book author, or a columnist or a writer for a magazine or something to do with writing in any way/shape/form. That would be nice.

Goal 3: Be an English teacher... This is my back up plan. so basically, if I'm a failure at life, I'll be an English teacher. Okay fine, not a failure at life, but a failure at getting what I want. And I certainly don't want that to happen. Not that I would be unhappy as a teacher, but it's just not my first choice of profession... not anymore.


So, clearly my direction has changed a bit. When I first started this blog at the beginning of the year, being a teacher was my main and pretty much only goal. I guess things change. And so they did.

Okay, ready, set, go! Last semester of college, Here, I, Come!






No comments:

Post a Comment