Saturday, June 15, 2013

"When Life Gives you lemonade, Gife Life Lemons. Life Will be Like, Whaaaaaaat?"

The title of this blog is a quote I recently heard that I really liked.

We all know the old saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." I like this sort of "anti joke" which conveys the opposite, because, sometimes you have to change things up -- do things differently. Do the unexpected and throw everyone for a loop. I like that concept a lot. Spontaneity, randomness, thinking outside the box, individuality!

I feel like it fits my mantra in life right now. I'm all about finding my individuality, being spontaneous and showing life what I'm made of. It works.

Life has given me some lemons yet again, but I'm definitely going to make some lemonade. I was in a car accident yesterday that, due to the circumstances of the crash, could have been a lot worse for me than it was. That's the lemonade. The car accident, was obviously the lemon.

 More Lemons: fractured hand and bruised ribs, totaled car, my fault, insurance price hike, damages to cover...

Lemonade?: Despite the severity of the crash, my injuries are quite minor, I recently upped my insurance coverage so I'm totally covered, I've been wanting a new car, so here's my chance to make that happen (not that I have a choice), I'm fortunate enough to have the means to afford the costs that I'm about to receive do to the situation, and I didn't get a ticket.

Funny how not that many lemons can make quite a bit of lemonade...

So, Life, all I have to say is, take your lemon rinds and eat them :) Thanks for all the juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment