Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Hate Goodbyes

Today was bitter-sweet.

I closed a chapter of my life by putting in my two weeks notice with Beef O'Brady's. It's strange because I've been working there for the past 4 years and for the last 3 of those 4, Beef's has been and incredibly large part of my life -- more so than it probably should have been. It's almost like leaving home. Most of my friends came from there as did my boyfriend and many of my meals - heh. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be done working there. This last year, serving has been very difficult for me, I'd even venture to say that I hated it. I'm ready to move on with my career, and I have. But like anything that's been a normalcy in ones life for so long, it's hard to say goodbye.

I know that every now and then I'll miss it. I'll miss making good tips, and getting free food, and meeting really nice people every now and then.

But I won't miss the bad tips - sometimes no tips. I won't miss the rude people, feeling like a servant, or feeling like everyone thinks I'm below them. I won't miss running around like a crazy person, and I won't miss being on my feet all day.

Needless to say, it's just time to move on. Goodbye Beef O'Brady's. It's been a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment